Braces can sometimes be a bit of a hassle. But, since you’re in it for the long haul, you may as well add your own unique touch with a little colour!
How can I change the colour of my braces?
Braces are comprised of a variety of different parts that all work together to straighten your teeth. One these parts is the elastic bands.
These bands are also called ligatures. They are placed around each bracket to hold the archwire in the bracket slot.
Since elastics lose their elasticity over time, your orthodontist will have to change them at each adjustment appointment. And because they come in a wide variety of colours, this gives you the opportunity to change up the look of your braces every time you visit us!
How to Choose The Right Colour
If you aren't sure which colours to choose, here are a few tips and ideas to help you make up your mind!
- pick your favorite colour
- pick the colours of your favourite sports team
- pick your school colours
- avoid brown, black and some shades of green; these could make it look like you have food stuck in your teeth
- avoid white; it may cause your teeth to look yellow and discoloured
- choose a colour that suits your complexion
- choose colours that compliment your eye colour
- use The Happy Tooth Colour Selector to test out your new look before committing!